Today we have just finished a release update to ControlNow. The server updates have already been deployed in US, EMEA, and APAC. The agents updates are underway and to reduce bandwidth they are to be staggered over the next 72 hours.
Scheduled for a marketing launch on December 18th, ControlNow customers can now add secondary users to their accounts in order to more efficiently manage their network. Multi User access has been the #1 customer feature request since the launch of GFI Cloud.
Something very exciting as part of this release is new granular alerts per user. For the different types of email alerts (Quarantine emails, Failed patches, Overdue servers, Check failures…) you can set up different importance levels for these alerts. Users can subscribe to receive different levels of alerts. This means that an IT Admin can choose to receive email alerts for all quarantine items, while the IT Manager doesn’t need to receive them. Or the IT Admin can receive server overdue alerts for every server going overdue, while the IT Manager may only want to receive them for certain critical servers.
This release will also include the addition of ‘Service Manager’ to the Remote Tools feature set of the Monitoring service. The Service Manager allows IT Admins to proactively manage windows services remotely. Not only can they start, stop, and restart Windows Services, but they can also add Monitoring Checks for these Windows Services. This allows them to fix the issue without disrupting their end users, and also be proactive by monitoring this service and automatically take corrective action should this happen again.
Finally, this release includes an agent upgrade. We are upgrading all existing agents to start communicating their upload URLs to the new controlnow URLS. There is logic in place to ensure that devices running on Windows XP will continue to communicate with the existing upload URLs. Also we have logic that ensures that if a device can’t connect to the controlnow.com upload urls, they should fall back on the existing upload urls.
For customer that have set up special firewall access, they may need to update them to the new URLs. We have a KB article in place to instruct users of the new URLs – http://support.controlnow.com/articles/SkyNet/firewall-exceptions-required
We are very excited about this release as these enhancements make managing your network with ControlNow easier and more efficient.
Included in this release:
- NEW: Multiple Users – create, and manage multiple users to access the ControlNow console
- NEW: Secondary users to have an email flow to create a password on first logon
- NEW: Importance level can be set for Overdue alerts, Patch Alerts, AV Alerts, Check alerts
- NEW: Ability to create a Windows Service Check directly from the Remote Tools Service Manager window
- NEW: ControlNow agent falls back to using gficloud.com upload URLs as a last resort
- UPDATE: Remote Control Viewer has been updated to the new ControlNow branding
- UPDATE: Remote Control Host has been updated to the new ControlNow branding
- UPDATE: Dashboard to load quickly with larger accounts. Optimizations have been done to load the dashboard page quicker
- UPDATE: Monitoring resolved notifications have server-side paging added to make the page load quicker
- UPDATE: TeamViewer integration to support TeamViewer version 10
- UPDATE: Patch Management notifications for TeamViewer updated to ensure Patch Management doesn’t update Remote Control host to a version higher than the viewer
- UPDATE: Contact details for product mailers have updated ANZ contact numbers
- UPDATE: Added support in the Monitoring – Antivirus update check for: Avast! Antivirus
- UPDATE: Added support in the Monitoring – Antivirus update check for: Bitdefender Endpoint Security
- UPDATE: Added support in the Monitoring – Antivirus update check for: Bitdefender Security for Exchange
- UPDATE: Added support in the Monitoring – Antivirus update check for: Bitdefender Security for Mail Servers
- UPDATE: Added support in the Monitoring – Antivirus update check for: Panda Cloud Office Protection 6
- UPDATE: Added support in the Monitoring – Antivirus update check for: Webroot Secure Anywhere
- BUGFIX: 23562 – OS and Ram report page has incorrect number of check boxes and is misleading.
- BUGFIX: 23714 – Dashboard alerts of missing patches not consolidated into one mesage on dashboard
Wishing you all the very best over this upcoming holiday period,
The ControlNow team