We have just finished a ControlNow release update in the ANZ and EMEA territories. The US territory will be deployed tomorrow morning UK time (outside of US business hours).
- In this release we have updated the product references and imagery from GFI Cloud to ControlNow.
- All online documentation and getting started guides have been rebranded for ControlNow
- All product emails will now be coming from firstname.lastname@example.org
- Upload paths: New agent installations will use a new set of upload URLs. These new URLs will have to be added to customer firewalls as before where appropriate. There is a knowledge base article on support.controlnow.com with the detailed information
- XP and Server 2003 devices will continue to use the old gficloud.com upload URLs.
- All existing GFI Cloud agents will continue using their current upload URLs until we push a new agent release in our next release.
Also included in this release:
- NEW: Computer count added to Software summary report
- NEW: Added support for VIPRE Antivirus v7 in Monitoring Antivirus update check
- NEW: Added support for VIPRE Antivirus Business v7 in Monitoring Antivirus update check
- NEW: Added support for Webroot Secure Anywhere in Monitoring Antivirus update check
- UPDATE: updated support for Windows Defender Antivirus in Monitoring Antivirus update check
- UPDATE: updated support in for Windows Defender Antispyware in Monitoring Antivirus update check
- UPDATE: Performance improvements on bulk group assignment to ensure appropriate policies are properly reflected in bulk updates.
- UPDATE: Competitive Antivirus Removal Tool has been updated to the latest version (v649)
- BUGFIX: 23392 – Web Protection Report is not properly sorting by Date
- BUGFIX: 23186 – Windows defender AV check changed to Avast update check
- BUGFIX: 22851 – process details do not all have a unit attached to them (process manager)
The ControlNow team