There has been a problem causing a short outage in our Australian data centre. The log rotate job of 2 servers failed and as a consequence our agents and console were not able to connect to them. The Development Operations team were notified and were able to quickly restore service.
The time and duration of the outages are below. Times are in AEST.
For ANZ1 the outage was from 03:33 to 03:41 => 8 minutes. Console and Agent communication.
For ANZ2 the outage was from 03:17 to 03:33 => 16 minutes. Agent communication.
The Cloud team apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused.
We have had reports of consoles being slow in EMEA at https://console.emea.gficloud.com. Our customers’ feedback is something that we take seriously. Here is what we’re doing to address the problem.
- Adding new upload servers to the rotation to handle some of the increased load (Scheduled for 26/6/2014)
- Performing a service release with code fixes designed to help reduce the size of agent uploads (Scheduled for 01/07/2014)
- Upgrade CPU on existing EMEA infrastructure to increase their capacity (Scheduled for the week of 07/07/2014)
- Further streamline the total upload bandwidth required by the agent which will reduce load on the servers. (Scheduled for the end of July)
The GFI Cloud team apologises for any inconvenience this is causing in the meantime.
We are pleased to announce the release update to GFI Cloud that occurred on June 10, 2014.
The server updates have already been deployed. The agent updates are underway and to reduce bandwidth they are to be staggered over the next 72 hours. This is a major release, offering a new service – Remote Control.
This new service is now available to try in your console.
Key features include:
» 24×7 secure access to unattended remote computers
» No extra credentials to enter each time you connect
» One-click connection from the GFI Cloud console
» Fast responses; as if sitting in front of remote device
» Secure connections powered by TeamViewer®
» Deploy and manage licenses from the GFI Cloud console
Release notes include:
- NEW: Introducing new service – Remote Control.
- NEW: New report to be able to report on Remote Control sessions from the past 7 and 30 days.
- NEW: The ability to quickly connect to a device using either Remote Control or TeamViewer from the network view of the console.
- UPDATE: Performance Monitoring [CloudLink] capture profile updated when the check is un-synched.
- UPDATE: Remove IE9 from supported browsers. GFI Cloud now supports IE10 and above.
- UPDATE: CART (competitive antivirus removal tool) update to the latest version (v604).
- BUGFIX: Forced AV Update on missed DSC no longer triggered (AV Threat definitions out of date issue that occurs on Monday mornings).
- BUGFIX: RAM column is not sorted numerically (inventory details filter).
- BUGFIX: Extra checkboxes for changing seats and cancelling services.
- BUGFIX: ‘Whoops Something happened’ when the user clicks to approve patches in specific scenario.
- BUGFIX: WP Detailed Computer Report – Allowed\Blocked Security request chart incorrect.
- BUGFIX: Production Agent is unsigned.
- BUGFIX: Performance Monitoring [CloudLink] monitor quits after starting monitoring.